What Kind of Underground Water Storage Tank Is This?

Users who are viewing this thread

Clayton Chase

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm working on finding a free flowing well that was dug on my property in the early 60s. One of the owners years and years back capped and buried it (no idea why). But according to the family who built it there is a well.

So we start to dig. I started based on where I'd been told by the neighbors and because the snow had melted in this one spot...also no grad grows very well there.

About 2 feet down I hit a tank. As I've done more research it looks like some sort of water storage tank possibly for the well? Anyway, so far it's about 6-7 feet long and 3-4 feet wide from what I can tell.

This is the cap on the end. I'm wondering if anyone can help me identify what it is? Also, any tips on finding the well would be incredible.

Thank you,
Clayton

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_0942.JPG
    IMG_0942.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 236
Reaction score
I may be way off here but that looks like a septic leach chamber segment. They are usually about 3' across and interlink to make longer runs. They are open bottomed. The pvc connector diagram you see is usually on the ends, with one side having the pipe come in, and the further side is left uncut to seal it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks