What kind of tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
My outside hose outlet is not located in a very good place, everytime I go to water the back grass, I have to lay the hose over the walkway. I would like to find another way. At first i was thinking of digging under the walkway and laying some maybe "inground sprinkler" pipe in the ground and running it to my deck which is around my pool. That deck is about 75 ft away. Then come up with a pipe and add a spigot by the deck. But that seemed too invovled.
My other idea was to run either regular hose, toward the left of the hose spigot from the house, I would have to run it below my back door and over the cement steps, then probably over the bulkhead, and then put a hose reel at the corner of the house, that would avoid the walkway.
Would mounted a regular hose with pipe brackets work better, or should I use, "in-ground piping" for that??
Or should I just run regular plumbing, to a spigot from my water supply and make another hose outlet on the other side of the door and bulkhead???
Only problem is, the plumbing would have to run through a non-heated crawl space.
Any suggestions??
Barry

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
... the plumbing would have to run through a non-heated crawl space.

If you were to put a valve in the line just before it enters the crawl space, you could close that valve and open the outside spigot to drain that line during cold weather. Just be sure to have a little slope down to the outside spigot.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
hose

The tubing you are planning to use underground is not designed for the usage or pressures involved and will have continual breakage problems. Either use "real" plumbing pipe, or the hose above ground. But it appears you will also have the situation that you have to provide for draining it during the winter. We cannot help with that because we do not know your situation or how it can be accomplished.

Barry J

Reaction score
Great points. For the underground i figured blow it out with me compressor, but probably too long of a run.
It looks like either mounting the hose up over the cement stairs and bulkhead (attached to the house)
Or
Run a pipe at an angle thru the crawlspace as you mentioned.
Thanks
Barry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks