What kind of 90 to use on the oulet side of a trap?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoshRountree

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to starting plumbing in a washer, and I went by Lowe's and saw the 2" 180 degree p-trap, but not sure what kind of 90 (short sweep, medium sweep, long sweep) to add to it to transition into the trap arm. I'm assuming it will be a street 90 as well?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The U shape will come with the proper bend, which is a street on one side. Look in the bin and find both parts. They sell the two parts as one unit.

JoshRountree

Reaction score
The U shape will come with the proper bend, which is a street on one side. Look in the bin and find both parts. They sell the two parts as one unit.

Ahh, okay, that makes sense. Sometimes you have to really look at what you're buying in those bins because it's not always what it says it is.

JoshRountree

Reaction score
One more question

Does a closet bend have to come immediately after a toilet flange, or could you install a length of straight pipe to bring the closet flange below the joists?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You can either use a "spigot" bend which connects directly to the flange, or a "hub" bend which has a section of pipe between it and the flange. As for the "P" trap, the elbow that comes with it is a "square turn" street elbow.

JoshRountree

Reaction score
Let's say the joists are 12", could I use a coupler to attach a piece of pipe to the toilet flange to get me below the joists, then use a closet bend from there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks