what is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

mbcube

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for being a great resource over the years. I'm renovating a bathroom. Had a crew come in and demo'd the existing builder-grade vanity/sink.
I'll be installing a new vanity, glass countertop & porcelain vessel sink. I hadn't noticed this flexible pipe above the H & C valves. I think it may have been for the prior sink's overflow? (I won't discuss the original builders sloppy installation - suffice to say it made selecting a new vanity difficult).
In my prior reno's I never had something like this - I believe my old ones just drained internally within the porcelain sink to the drain. I've included pics of the new sink, underneath and a close up of the drain. (The sink is sitting in a temporary location for the photos). So back to my original question - Is this flexible pipe a drain? a vent? and how do I connect it (if its needed at all).
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 255

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume you are talking about IMG_0440.JPG

It could be a drain from an air conditioner condenser or a water softener.

I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks