What is this system?! Health hazard?!

Users who are viewing this thread

4KDMD

Reaction score
Hey everyone..

New here to the forum, and thanks for any help in advance..

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what this system is and all the components that I’ve uploaded pictures of. Basically, I’ve noticed that at my girlfriends house the water pressure is extremely low. Besides that lately as the ice cubes melt in a glass of water let’s say that we’ve made from the tap water there is a lot of noticeable debris floating around in the water, and definitely not coming from the glasss or faucet.

I went downstairs to inspect the water lines and found this system. The main water line and all the water to the house is still running through this system and all these tanks, yet the entire system’s electrical components (there are 3 or 4 separate modules with plugs I believe) are unplugged and the last maintenance record I could find on any of the tanks was from 2004! I have no idea what any of these components do or are supposed to do and I’m just wondering if this could actually be making the water UNSAFE or contributing with the water issues considering it may not have been plugged in, touched, or serviced in 15 years? It definitely needs to be looked at but I just thought someone on here may be able to help figure out how to get it running properly and safely or shed light on the potential health risks for the tap water when leaving a system like this unattended for so long!

Attachments

• 76BBFB2B-CD5F-4F80-9089-24A1AA7BEC9E.jpeg
    76BBFB2B-CD5F-4F80-9089-24A1AA7BEC9E.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 51F263D7-6FD8-4661-AF1F-8953D67C7E3A.jpeg
    51F263D7-6FD8-4661-AF1F-8953D67C7E3A.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 8DD78C12-785F-4A51-9F3F-5D199048114A.jpeg
    8DD78C12-785F-4A51-9F3F-5D199048114A.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 184
  • 44150A08-42B6-46D5-AB54-7AAFFE8CA891.jpeg
    44150A08-42B6-46D5-AB54-7AAFFE8CA891.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 261

Bannerman

Reaction score
The tall blue tank marked 'Well-X-Trol' is a pressure tank to hold a volume of well water to supply the plumbing fixtures under pressure. The well pump control pressure switch is directly in front on the waterline, within the small grey enclosure directly beside the pressure gauge.

The output from the pressure tank feeds what appears to be a sediment cartridge filter but the ball valve with the Black handle located in between is shut off so there should be no water flow from the pressure tank to the cartridge filter or house fixtures.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You have a Clack Microline RO. Definitely time to replace if it has not been serviced, I would hate to do a bacterial test... :)

The UV is one that I don't recognize, bulbs should be changed annually, you are a little overdue...

An Autotrol 155 valve but with what media? Old 3 valve bypass, these typically failed after a few years. Unknown. 20" Slimline filter, again, unknown.

Anything is repairable but it is definitely time to take this serious. Get a real water test done before the equipment.

use this link to get a well test done, typically about $200 dollars, you are your own municipality so testing needs to be done.

http://watercheck.myshopify.com?aff=5

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks