What is this second pressure tank under my house?

Users who are viewing this thread

ohal3000

Reaction score
My property has a well and pressure tank that feeds the main house and adu. The well and pressure tank is about 50 yards form main house. Under the main house there is this additional small (no idea, but maybe 15 gallons) pressure tank that seems past life. When press the air valve water spurts out. And it just looks old. Additionally the water flow/pressure in my house is terrible. Should I replace this second tank? Would this help my water flow/pressure?

Thanks for your help.
Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.56.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-29 at 10.57.09 PM.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water coming out the schrader valve indicates bad tank . Whether the tank is redundant I wouldnt know but you have a bad tank

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It is a really bad idea to have two tanks that are 50 yards apart. I would just terminate the pipe leading to that bad tank so as to eliminate the dead leg.

That tank is not the cause for your pressure/volume issues.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suspect the air valve is that thing on the side just above the PVC pipe.

I agree that it is probably best to take that out of service, but water coming out would not mean much.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Personally Id take it out of service if the bladder is busted . Wouldnt run Pvc under a house either

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
One pipe going in and out, so certainly a bladder tank. Teel brand was one of the worst because of the way the bladder touched the sides of the tank. You don't need a second pressure tank. If you are not getting good pressure fix the problem at the first pressure tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks