What Is This Pipe Adjacent To Well Casing?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Regis Tration, Sep 15, 2018 at 2:25 AM.

1. Regis Tration

Regis Tration New Member

I am trying to understand the design of my well. It was probably drilled in the 1980s or 1990s. The well is in a remote off-grid location on an ocean island approximately 10 miles out to sea. What is the small black polyethylene pipe that is adjacent to the well casing? (Please see the pictures below with the red arrow pointing to the pipe in question) The vertical copper pipe inside the well casing is connected to the pitless adapter and is used to seasonally drain the 300 foot water service line leading to the house water tank. Thank you.
    PVC Pipe Adjacent To Well Casing 01.jpg PVC Pipe Adjacent To Well Casing 04.JPG

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM
  2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    That pipe is kind of small, but it might be a gravel pipe. A lot of wells have a little pipe connected between the casing and drilled hole to add extra gravel when the gravel pack settles.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement