What is this part and/or where can I buy new ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nelson

Reaction score
Hello,
My local plumbing supply doesn't carry this and says it will be hard to find. I'm looking for the faucet valve to screw into the "T". One started leaking and the handle is broken. There are no identifying marks that I can see.
The nut that connects to the "T" is 1.25 inches. The smaller nut that the stem runs through is .75 inches.
The nuts are "fine thread" brass.
Our house was built in 1935. Not sure if this is original.
Please let me know if you have any ideas!
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0778_4_1..jpg
    IMG_0778_4_1..jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Replace the whole valve with a 1/4 turn ball valve. Maybe you'll be good for the next 75 years...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

You would have been lucky to find another valve just like so you use its parts a couple of years after it was installed, so finding them now is completely impossible. Valves like that come and go very quickly, and even when a company continues making them they change styles so parts are not interchangeable.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You should be able to repair that valve by removing the nut, taking the stem out of the valve, replace the rubber washer, dress the seat, unscrew the small nut under the handle and install some new graphite string packing.

All this is easier said than done on a valve this old, and you should consider replacing it.

Nelson

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the replies!
How about just a cap? I have a (modern) shutoff valve already coming out of the hot water tank, I don't really need this one.
Is there anywhere to buy a fine-thread brass cap? I think it's .75 inch pipe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is NOT a fitting, it is a valve, and ALL parts of it are unique to that manufacturer, and sometimes even that valve. You either FIX that valve or remove it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks