What is the proper dishwasher elbow for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

enochian

Reaction score
IMG_20210928_131452298_MP.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From the 70's?
Looks to be 1/2" nominal. Normally we replace with 3/8 compression at the dishwasher and replace the 1/2" compression stop with 3/8"

Or you can see if you can still find a 1/2" compression fitting somewhere.
I pulled an old dishwasher the other day and installed a new 3/8" stop for the dishwasher installers. Often people will pay for an install at the store where they buy the dishwasher, but when they come out, if it's not a currently standard 3/8" compression, they unload the new dishwasher and leave.

eastman-dw-supply.jpg

Last edited:

enochian

Reaction score
From the 70's?
Looks to be 1/2" nominal. Normally we replace with 3/8 compression at the dishwasher and replace the 1/2" compression stop with 3/8"

Or you can see if you can still find a 1/2" compression fitting somewhere.
I pulled and old dishwasher the other day and installed a new 3/8" stop for the dishwasher installers. Often people will pay for an install at the store where they buy the dishwasher, but when they come out, if it's not a currently standard 3/8" compression, they unload the new dishwasher and leave.

How do you replace with 3/8?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the copper on the right of the blue handle valve is 5/8" OD, then you can add a new stop there.
If it's 1/2" OD, it's a bit harder to find the size. I would cut off an inch at the end and head to the hardware store to match it up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks