what is the name of this item for shower?

Users who are viewing this thread

catte

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the internal box inside the wall is called, that the hose for a hand held shower goes into? This is a hand held shower thing that comes with the tub package...
I want the hand held shower for the tub but the hose would go into the wall and get dirty. There must be some kind of box that you put into the wall to keep the hose clean for that hand held shower right?
I have used them in Europe and Japan and they look great and are great and very handy, but the hose feeds into the wall...where it goes I don't know...so I figured it must be a sealed box of some sort.
Anyone know?
This is not the kind of hand held that would be an exposed hose on the out side but an internal hose, that goes into the wall.
thanks a bunch, and if you know what they are called do you know where to buy them?
Thanks so much!
CAtte
:confused:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Frankly, I have not ever seen a 'hidden" hose like that. It does not sound like a good idea.....think of pull-out kitchen faucets and the very high rate of problems and failures with those.

If anyone makes it, probably Kohler.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I've seen them on boats and on piers at the beach. The ones I have seen are not for inside the home use.

catte

Reaction score
that pesky hose in the wall for the handheld shower

I have seen them in the hotel bathrooms I have been in in Japan/China/ and also in Europe. Some have the hose outside many inside. But I see why you'd be afraid of leaks...

Could it be that the hose is put through a large pvc to protect it? Thinking out loud here....
Yes, They are similar to the ones that are in the deck of a tub.
Sure wish I could search this out somewhere...
If any of this sounds familiar to anyone I sure woud appreciate the help...
Thanks a bunch,
C

Last edited:

catte

Reaction score
Single-Handle-Chrome-Waterfall-LED-Bathtub---Shower-Faucet-0812-LSW04_lmrg1310521181312.jpeg
This is a picture of it...the little hand held to the right in the pic...

catte

Reaction score
wall in hand held shower

I wonder why they are using it so much in the other countries? Maybe they are using something/ some other products we don't have here in the U.S.
Yet they sell them to us.
Hmmmm.....I dont' want to create a huge plumbing mess....
Anybody here from Europe or Japan where these are commonly used? If so, any info you can impart would be greatly appreciated.
Really don't want to have a huge bill from ripping out that slab of granite after a few years of hand held shower bliss.
:rolleyes:
Sincerely,
C

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
They do a lot of "innovative" plumbing things in Europe and Asia. Most of it never catches on here due to practicality and cost. When you want to use something like that, you have to get it from an importer, it is likely to have metric threads, and you will never be able to get any repair parts.
You would then have to convince the plumbing inspector that it is IAPMO approved, and convince him them method of install complies with your code. As we often say, you can do anything you want with the appropriate amount of cubic dollars.

catte

Reaction score
Good point

I see, thanks for your comment.
Yes the measurements were in centimeters and not in inches...
They had a converter for the attachment for US purchases.
I can see I may be getting myself into trouble here....
I think I am going to send it back.
And buy an American made thing. TOo bad, the thing was really cool but who needs the headache?
These things are so cool and I would love to have the feature but it's going behind a slab of granite,...I can only imagine the problems if it leaked. BIG DOLLARITOS.
Thanks a bunch for all your thoughts and experience you guys, I appreciate it.
Sincerely,
Catte

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks