what is the name for a washer that has a "step" for a bevel?

Users who are viewing this thread

MiltonMike

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to try to draw a picture of the washer I need. Not sure if it's for a Price Pfister or a Danco stem because we lost track of which bathroom faucets got new stems. Some of the stems have basic beveled washers, which is cool because I can find those. Others have a weird "step" instead of a slanted bevel. That's the stems I need new washers for instead of replacing the whole stem.

The washer are shaped like this (side view)

****** _____
******|***xx|
X-----*******-----
X|***************|
X-----------------

If I could figure out what the name of this type of washer is, I'm betting I could find a replacement washer. Thanks for any help.

Mike
Milton, GA

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Does it have bib screw in the center or just slip over the end of stem?
If the later A/S aqua seal.

MiltonMike

Reaction score
Does it have bib screw in the center or just slip over the end of stem?
If the later A/S aqua seal.

It slips over the end of the stem. Actually I just went to Home Depot to find out more. Here's the deal.

Home Depot sells Danco 3H 8H/C stems to replace Price Pfister stems.

But the Danco 3H 8H/C replacement stems have funky washers. They're not AquaSeals I know because I looked at the AquaSeals while I was there.

I opened the Danco package to pry out the washer and get a better look at it. The washer has actually a double-step for a bevel -- I only drew one step in my picture because the old washer had the 2nd (top) step completely worn off.

So Home Depot sells Danco stems but not washers for Danco Stems. Isn't that nice?

I sent Danco an email asking where I can find some washers for their stems.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
washer

I assume this is a for a Price Pfister tub/shower faucet. If so, I have not "repaired" one in years. I always convert them to the new washerless ceramic stem.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
American Standard used a couple of funky washer gizmos called AquaSeal, and Price Pfister used a different one called HydroSeal. None of these is interchangeagle with a plain flat ( or beveled) washer. You have to use what came on your faucet from the factory

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks