What is the best glue or cement

Users who are viewing this thread

Zrocket

Reaction score
I'm using sch80 1" pvc pipe going down the well 384ft, the pump will be hanging from the pvc pipe. What is the strongest and best bonding material to use?

It will be a lot of weight on the couplings, I'm nervous and dont want to make a mistake, and have the couplings come apart.

I cant seem to find 10' or 20' threaded PVC pipe, and everything I read says to use glue. But is glue really stronger than threaded PVC pipe.

Reach4

Reaction score
I cant seem to find 10' or 20' threaded PVC pipe, and everything I read says to use glue. But is glue really stronger than threaded PVC pipe.
Nothing I have read says to use glue.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
DO NOT, DO NOT USE GLUE.

The only place you will find threaded sch80 or sch120 pvc drop pipe is at pump wholesalers or pump dealers. You will not find it at big box stores.

Before threaded sch80 pvc was available, I threaded it myself. Even now, if I have to cut a piece of drop pipe shorter, I thread it with a ridged hand threader. It cuts easier with dies specifically made for pvc pipe, which normally use. But regular dies work fine.

The drop pipe I buy from my pump wholesaler comes with stainless steel fittings. Regular steel fittings can be used. That’s what I use when I use 1” sch 80 for inside airline for revers circ drilling. I will run as much as 800 ft for airline running at 300 psi air pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks