What is the Best Brand submersible Well Pump (Made in USA)?

Users who are viewing this thread

John777

Reaction score
For the waterline, count the pieces of pipe as they come up, and note the waterline, which is usually available on the pipe. A photo should do that job, but the pipes below the waterline and those above may or may not look noticeably different. I am not a pro.

Stay out of the way, but it is fun to watch. When I watched, it seemed nicely orchestrated.
I was looking at some different pumps. One thing I couldn't figure out and it didn't explain was the stages. Some pumps say 14, others in the 20's. What does the stages mean?
The well guy came out and said if your pump is getting hot we should lower it because its running dry. I didn't like that answer. Maybe I should keep looking.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was looking at some different pumps. One thing I couldn't figure out and it didn't explain was the stages. Some pumps say 14, others in the 20's. What does the stages mean?
Each stage will have its own impeller. One stage feeds to the next. If the pump is a 10 stage pump developing 100PSI, expect each stage develops 10 PSI. In this picture, the example pump illustration shows 4 stages.
index.php

he well guy came out and said if your pump is getting hot we should lower it because its running dry. I didn't like that answer.
Lowering the pump could be the right answer

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pump end is worn out and the motor thrust bearing is good, it maybe running out of water. But if the motor thrust bearing is down and the pump is still good, the pump is set too low and not pumping the well dry. A Cycle Sensor will protect the pump from running dry. But a shroud or raising the pump is the only answer if the motor is bad from being fed from the top.

John777

Reaction score
Do you know the well construction? If this is a typical cased and screened well with screen at the bottom; the well itself is the flow sleeve as long as the pump intake at or above the top of the screen.
I emailed the driller of the well for a well construction report. He said its not on the computer so it would take time to find. 100-200 dollars in labor charges for that. Is that standard? Even if it is I guess I won't be getting one.

Reach4

Reaction score

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I emailed the driller of the well for a well construction report. He said its not on the computer so it would take time to find. 100-200 dollars in labor charges for that. Is that standard? Even if it is I guess I won't be getting one.

Horse hockey! You are in Texas. The driller is required to file the well report with the state TCEQ and keep a copy on file. All you have to do is tell him you are calling the TCEQ to say the driller does not have a record of your well. TCEQ will have a copy on file as well, but I bet the driller will find one pretty quick and free if he thinks TCEQ is getting involved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks