What iron test kit do you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
I'm trying to test my water. I see that a lot of people recommend the Hach 5b for total hardness. What about testing for iron? Do you have a test kit that you recommend?

Reach4

Reaction score
I have not tried iron tests by Hach 146400 146401
146401 (0.2-7 mg/L)
146400 (0.1 - 4 mg/L)

HA-95A hach has iron and hardness tests both.

I bought Seachem multitest iron test. It was harder to interpret. They provided some sample solution that I could have diluted to my range with distilled water, I could have gotten better at reading the color. But I also got some lab tests that included iron, so I just went with that.

I have thought of getting a more sensitive test to see if future iron leakage occurs. I had gotten a lab test on my treated water, and it showed less than the 0.01 mg/L test sensitivity. I put my backwashing H2S+iron filter in in 2012. So it should need new media some day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks