What creates the seal on this Kohler 73151-A hose at the Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Hello,
My newly installed Kohler replacement hose , part # 73151-A below, connecting the Valve Body to the Tee is dripping. Can anyone PLEASE tell me what creates the seal at the Tee? The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there. I cannot visually see a washer on the end that connects to the tee.

I do not want to ruin the hose end by too much tightening. Sorry if this question is too basic. Do not want to pay for a service call for just one hose. My late husband always used to handle the plumbing projects.

Kohler Hose Faucet Schematic.jpg

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Normally, it is either a ground joint or the gasket is sealed inside the "nut" on the end.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Maybe I just have to tighten the fitting at the tee where it is dripping. Unfortunately I have never heard of the term "ground joint." I was hoping it might be some type of compression fitting that I can't see and that I need to just tighten more. I do know how a compression fitting works and can somewhat understand it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That has an O-Ring that seals. It's shown in the picture, but not shown where it belongs. It fits over the end of the supply line.

73151-a.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the other end, she says "The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there."

Cheers, Wayne

73151-a-end.jpg

Merry Widow

Reaction score
I think the OP is asking about the other end, she says "The only washer I can see is at the valve body end. No leaks there."

Cheers, Wayne

73151-a-end.jpg
Sorry, these replies went into my JUNK folder. You are correct Wayne -- I am wondering what creates the seal on the end you have pictured above; that ends connects to the TEE. The hose I removed had a split in the fitting, maybe from being over tightened. I do not want to ruin the new hose.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks