What could this 4 inch pipe be for?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeW2019

Reaction score
I have a four inch metal pipe coming out of the cement in my basement. My first guess was that someone roughed in a drain for a toilet. It is a rather old house with cast iron drain system under the cement and copper above ground. Who ever owned the home previously appears to have put some concrete in the pipe (unfortunately).

I am going to be installing a full bath near where this pipe is coming out of the ground. Once I get the cement up I'm hoping I can cut into it and extended it to a new toilet location, tub and sink.

There is also a floor drain in the same area but it to appears to be stopped up with perhaps sand or rocks.

I'm attaching a picture of the pipe, I'd appreciate anyone's feedback on what it could be. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20181214_211048.jpg
    20181214_211048.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 249
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks