What brand of recirculating pump for Noritz?

Users who are viewing this thread

judyc135

Reaction score
We waste 2-4 gallons of water waiting for hot water at our kitchen sink. With the drought in California this cannot go on. I've taken many steps to save this wasted water and I also heat water on the stove for washing the daily dishes, etc. I'm tired of all the manual labor and want a recirculating pump for hot water on demand!

I know that a recir. pump that sends cold water back through the Noritz unit will invalidate the warranty so what kind(brand) of pump can I get that will work with my thankless heater(pun intended)? So far the plumbers are not totally sure themselves,

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Consider installing a little 6 gallon 110v unit somewhere close to the kitchen sink. That would give you hot water more quickly, and give the Noritz thankless time to catch up. Tankless heaters have quirks and issues of their own, but I think you can save water and get hot water quicker this way, working with what you've got.

judyc135

Reaction score
We waste 2-4 gallons of water waiting for hot water at our kitchen sink. With the drought in California this cannot go on. I've taken many steps to save this wasted water and I also heat water on the stove for washing the daily dishes, etc. I'm tired of all the manual labor and want a recirculating pump for hot water on demand!

I know that a recir. pump that sends cold water back through the Noritz unit will invalidate the warranty so what kind(brand) of pump can I get that will work with my thankless heater(pun intended)? So far the plumbers are not totally sure themselves,

Thank you, fully sprinkled. Can you tell me if the kitchen placement of the heating unit will help to get hot water to the clothes washer also which is even farther down the line?

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
It could. Depends on how the pipe is run. If the washer is downstream of the kitchen sink, being fed by the same pipe, then surely it would feed hot water to the laundry area more quickly. If the booster tank feeds a line leading only to the kitchen sink, then no.

Last edited:

Kayleigh Bohannan

Reaction score
Judyc135, much like what fullysprinkled suggested, you could put a tankless unit at the point of use for your kitchen sink to save water (and btw way to go for being such a concerned citizen. hopefully there are a lot of not only Californians but people all over the US and the world just as concerned and proactive as you). My recommendation is the Heatworks MODEL 1 - a brand new electric tankless water heater. BUT there are some MAJOR differences than most tankless units out there. First, it is the size of a football so you can LITERALLY place this at the point of use aka under the sink, in a cabinet etc. The MODEL 1 also accepts pre heated water so you can run it in conjunction with any other heating system in the world. If using it in conjunction with a tank, you can turn down the temp of the tank so its not running all the time to keep the temp of the water hot. When you turn on the faucet the MODEL 1 immediately provides instant hot water while your tank heats up to the temp you want and then once that water arrives to the MODEL 1, the MODEL 1 powers down to save energy. Then once the temp in your tank decays, the MODEL 1 powers back on to keep the temp coming out consistent. It only requires a cold water pipe to run. It saves up to 40% on energy costs and up to 10% on water. The Heatworks MODEL 1 provides truly INSTANT, SAFE AND INFINITE hot water so you aren't waisting any clean water down the drain. If you need more information visit this site - http://myheatworks.com/technology.php In the interest of full disclosure i do work for the company that invented Heatworks however i am here with the forum's best interest at heart. i am here to answer questions and help you find the best solution for you. We work solo or in conjunction with any brand of water heater you may have. We aren't their rivals, we compliment them. So please let me know if you have any other questions and good luck finding what works for you!

Reaction score
Judyc, did you ever proceed on this? We don't live in CA, but like you I've been running water into watering cans, etc. while waiting for it to get hot at the kitchen sink, even though it doesn't take all THAT long. I'd love immediate hot water and am thinking about something like an EcoSmart that'd fit right under the sink when we remodel. http://www.ecosmartus.com/products/electric-tankless/eco-11/ I wonder if we'd still need to run a hot water pipe to the sink from the main heater or if cold would suffice. Should probably start a new thread on that.

judyc135

Reaction score
Yes, I did proceed after discussing it with my plumber of long standing. As mentioned in this thread the installation of a true recirculating pump would invalidate the warranty on the heater. My plumber installed a heater/pump under my kitchen sink and it does not take up a whole lot of room. I don't know what brand it is, it's covered in a foam wrap and haven't found the receipt yet. The pump with installation was around $550.00. It has a push button to start it...it takes about a minute, when it stops running I turn on the hot water faucet full blast and within 5-10 seconds my water is hot. This heater covers the use of my kitchen sink, dishwasher and clothes washer. It does not help in the two bathrooms so I'm still using buckets in the showers. The EcoSmart looks small and convenient...maybe put in each bathroom like they do in Europe.

If I installed a tankless again, I would locate it in a different place(mine is outside to save on the cost of new venting), get two of them or maybe even stick with the old hot water tank system. The tankless saves energy but wastes water which is a much bigger issue right now...so waste water or waste energy??? I'm not that pleased with my system and I've spent 4 or 5 times(maybe more) what an ordinary hot water heater would cost

judyc135

Reaction score
Judyc135, much like what fullysprinkled suggested, you could put a tankless unit at the point of use for your kitchen sink to save water (and btw way to go for being such a concerned citizen. hopefully there are a lot of not only Californians but people all over the US and the world just as concerned and proactive as you). My recommendation is the Heatworks MODEL 1 - a brand new electric tankless water heater. BUT there are some MAJOR differences than most tankless units out there. First, it is the size of a football so you can LITERALLY place this at the point of use aka under the sink, in a cabinet etc. The MODEL 1 also accepts pre heated water so you can run it in conjunction with any other heating system in the world. If using it in conjunction with a tank, you can turn down the temp of the tank so its not running all the time to keep the temp of the water hot. When you turn on the faucet the MODEL 1 immediately provides instant hot water while your tank heats up to the temp you want and then once that water arrives to the MODEL 1, the MODEL 1 powers down to save energy. Then once the temp in your tank decays, the MODEL 1 powers back on to keep the temp coming out consistent. It only requires a cold water pipe to run. It saves up to 40% on energy costs and up to 10% on water. The Heatworks MODEL 1 provides truly INSTANT, SAFE AND INFINITE hot water so you aren't waisting any clean water down the drain. If you need more information visit this site - http://myheatworks.com/technology.php In the interest of full disclosure i do work for the company that invented Heatworks however i am here with the forum's best interest at heart. i am here to answer questions and help you find the best solution for you. We work solo or in conjunction with any brand of water heater you may have. We aren't their rivals, we compliment them. So please let me know if you have any other questions and good luck finding what works for you!

Thanks, Kayleigh, the Model 1 looks like a product I should have known about a couple of years back...very innovative and solves a lot of problems!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks