What are my options here

Users who are viewing this thread

Ddiss11

Reaction score
Hello in the middle of rearranging some drains, do to some new ductwork being ran I removed all the old cast and am attempting to reroute everything with more headroom in the basement.. Under the bathroom I have a 3” that runs horizontally with the joists hits the lav, toilet and then the shower at the end up the run..the picture I have attached is what I had in mind wye hits 2” vent that goes to attic with san t over to trap and clean out at end of the 3” however This is so low I would really like to get it up in in between the joist more. can I remove the San tee just have the wye into the vent and then just run straight into the trap out the other side of the wye? I know I’m probably over thinking this but just want it to be right

Attachments

• 0D836EAD-4EF8-4677-8557-9ED149370844.jpeg
    0D836EAD-4EF8-4677-8557-9ED149370844.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 114

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like you could raise your trap a bit.

For minimum elevation loss, you can just take off the vent vertically with an upright combo (or since you're under the IPC, a san-tee on its back if the combo won't fit). Then if you want a cleanout, you'd need to put in a wye with the straight path horizontal, and the branch inlet turned up 45 degrees above horizontal. The branch inlet would be your cleanout, but it would be hard to access between the joists, so maybe it wouldn't be useful/sufficient.

For a bit of drop, and to allow the use of the wye cleanout arrangement you show, you can do this instead: from the trap outlet, hit the branch inlet of a wye, with the straight path at a 45 off vertical. The top (straight inlet) is your vent, and the bottom (outlet) can hit your cleanout wye's branch inlet directly. Most compact vertically would be to use a street wye for the upper wye.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks