Wet venting through a stack under UPC

Users who are viewing this thread

JonBodd

Reaction score
In the picture below, can the tub/shower and toilet be wet vented through the vanity drain after entering the stack? This is under UPC in CT. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bath marked.jpg
    Bath marked.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 81

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks good until you're exceeding 6ft in total developed length of your wet vent.

UPC toilet vents also need to be 2" throughout.

I think if your 2" vent continued vertically past the point where the sinks tie in you're good. The vertical wet vent would end at that point.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score

JonBodd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Wayne you're 100% right that CT uses IPC, not sure how I messed that up.

The only thing I haven't been able to clarify from the code is how I measure the 'trap arm' length for the tub/shower in this case. Is it just the length to the drain stack since that's where the wet vent ties in? In that case, would the 2" drain from the vanity be limited to 2" drop, 8' feet of run from the dry vent to the stack to satisfy the trap weir rule?

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Wayne you're 100% right that CT uses IPC, not sure how I messed that up.

The only thing I haven't been able to clarify from the code is how I measure the 'trap arm' length for the tub/shower in this case. Is it just the length to the drain stack since that's where the wet vent ties in? In that case, would the 2" drain from the vanity be limited to 2" drop, 8' feet of run from the dry vent to the stack to satisfy the trap weir rule?
The trap arm goes from the trap outlet to the vent connection.

For the dry-vented vanity, that vent connection would typically be the san-tee in the wall behind the vanity, if you want the drain to exit the vent takeoff downward. Or it looks like you may want it to stay horizontal, in which case you might use a LT90 at the wall for the trap arm to enter the wall, and then a combo on its back for the vent takeoff (or the IPC would allow a san-tee on its back, but the combo is better if there is space). What the lavatory drain does after the vent takeoff doesn't affect its venting. But the trap arm is limited to one pipe diameter of fall (1-1/2" if you use a 1-1/2" lav trap).

For the shower, the vent connection is that 3x3x3x2 san-tee with side connection on the left side of your picture. So the trap arm between the trap outlet and the 2" side inlet on that san-tee is limited to 2" of fall.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks