Wet venting side by side bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy Fox

Reaction score
First, I want to thank this forum for helping me to pass my basement bathroom inspection.

This has given me confidence to start plumbing my 2nd floor bathrooms.

I have 2 bathrooms in the 2nd floor, the master bath on the left and the common bath on the right.
They are right next to each other, In particular, the toilets are almost back to back. (see first diagram)

I have laid out a plumbing design for the 2 bathrooms that try to use wet venting I learned before.

I hope I have gotten it right.

I appreciate any feedback/comments/questions/corrections.
2nd A.jpg

Here's the high level design
2nd B.jpg

And here's the isometric diagram

2nd C.jpg

Tommy Fox

Reaction score
I haven't gotten any feedback.
Maybe it's the labor day weekend, or maybe the design was beyond help.

In any case, I have updated the design now after looking over it more.
Hopefully, I will get some feedback this time.

First, the high level layout:

D1a.jpg

Then the plumbing diagram
D1b.jpg

Now, I would also like to minimize my roof penetration to have all vent v1-v3 combine into just one 3" pipe coming out of the roof.
In order to do that, and minimize the stud holes I have to cut, I have an option to flip the sink B and tub B placement.
This design is trickier as the drain pipe for sink B need to cross over on top of the toilet B pipe, since it's only 1.5 inch, I'm thinking there should be enough room as the toilet B pipe should have dropped enough at that point.

I am wondering if this is also a workable design. Now the sink B "drains into" the drain of tub B, rather than the other way around as in the design above.

Hope both of these are much better than what I had before. I sincerely hope I will get more feedback this time.

Thanks.
D2a.jpg

D2b.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks