Wet Venting bathroom group in new construction (Under Slab)

Users who are viewing this thread

Eben

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am building a home which includes a bathroom group in the basement with under slab plumbing;

IRC 2009 (Upstate NY).

Having read the code backwards and forward I think I have a layout that should work just fine, have been reading this forums but decided it would be just to just ask.

I am attaching a photo, but briefly:
*4" under slab drain @ 1/8 slope
*Toilet connects via wye 4" run to toilet, then 3" to 4" flange adapter plate (About 8' away from vent stack)
*4x4x2 wye for shower -- less than 8 ft of total pipe from shower to vent
*lav drains into vent (making it a vertical wet vent?)
* lines marked "-V" are vertical (for the avoidance of doubt)

I think this should be good?

My other question, which is somewhat theoretical: IF I have a 2" trap, then I tie into a 4" pipe, can I have a longer wet vent than if I only used a 2" pipe. In my drawing, this would mean changing the shower wye from a 4x4x2 to a 4x4x4 and then dropping to 2" pipe right at the shower. I assume the answer is "no" and wet vent distance are set based on the trap size, but I'm curious!

Thanks for any feedback-

Eben

Attachments

• Bathroom UnderSlab.JPG
    Bathroom UnderSlab.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 386

Eben

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

i'm adding an updated drawing which hopefully is a little clearer-- the upper left corner is the wet vent stack (the other stack receives WC discharge).

Attachments

• Foundation V3.PDF
    27.7 KB · Views: 298
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks