Wet venting a toilet with vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Kamil

Reaction score
Hello everybody I have a question regarding a wet venting a toilet with a vanity drain. I would like to know which option is better in the attached sketch option a or option b for going vertical to horizontal. I can not put a long sweep 90 as I have a structural timber in the way. Would putting 2 45 fittings and keeping a wye horizontal be better or tilting wye at 30 degrees and using 60 degree fitting for vanity drain. I hope that is ok if vanity is wet venting a toilet.
20221014_131113.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Either option is allowed. I think I'd choose Option A, because last time I checked, a 60 degree bend in plastic has the same radius as a quarter bend, not the larger radius of the a LT90 or a 45. So while I believe they are allowed for vertical to horizontal transitions, I don't understand why.

For your reference:

Cheers, Wayne

P.S. If you use a single wye and a 60 degree fitting, the wye gets rolled 45 degrees above horizontal, halfway to upright. If you use a combo and a 60 degree fitting, then the combo gets rolled only 30 degrees.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks