Wet vent help

Users who are viewing this thread

Juanstello

Reaction score
I am plumbing this bathroom. The 3” pipe comes in to the bathroom, then I have a combo wye 3x3x2 for the shower. Then continuing, I’ll have I wye 3x3x2 for the vanity, which will also be a a wet vent, goin trough the roof. At the 3x3x2, for the vanity a 3” will continue for the toilet. Is this correct? Or should I use a double wye for both, shower and lavatory, and continue it to the toilet. I am in Florida. Would this set up work, or should I use a double wye to join shower and wet vent/vanity together. Like shown in 2 picture. Also, for rough in inspection, how high should I leave the pipes sticking out of the floorfor water testing.

91705C3C-F18B-4378-91E6-F8473C31EC11.png
FDFA0D96-696F-4CA9-8FAA-4763DB5E3283.png

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
(1) is better than two, as the separate wyes let you adjust the slope of each side branch individually. In drawing (1), the 3" drain between the two wyes is also a wet vent, for the shower.

Cheers, Wayne

Juanstello

Reaction score
(1) is better than two, as the separate wyes let you adjust the slope of each side branch individually. In drawing (1), the 3" drain between the two wyes is also a wet vent, for the shower.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you so much for your quick and concise response. So would you say this set up is allow in Florida?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score

Cheers, Wayne
Do you see the shower as being Horizontal or vertical wet vented wayne? Seems like shower needs a vent but I can't tell for sure. if its a vertical wet vent the shower has to enter the wet vented section above w/c From way it looks?

Juanstello

Reaction score
Do you see the shower as being Horizontal or vertical wet vented wayne? Seems like shower needs a vent but I cant tell for sure. if its a verticle wet vent the shower has to enter the wet vented section above w/c From way it looks?
The shower is horizontally wet vented.

Juanstello

Reaction score
The shower is horizontally wet vented. Seemed to me that under IPC, when wet venting horizontally, the wc does not have to be the last fixture down stream.

Attachments

• A014BFB8-079D-41DD-BCEB-FB6CA1248F03.png
    A014BFB8-079D-41DD-BCEB-FB6CA1248F03.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 124
  • D8AE60F5-5B5B-4009-8087-3C9D21B51AD3.png
    D8AE60F5-5B5B-4009-8087-3C9D21B51AD3.png
    194.3 KB · Views: 118

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was looking at your iso it appeared that the 3 inch main and toilet was a vertical stack going straight up to a closet flange. if you notice how sink and vent are obviously vertical the 3 inch main would be vertical as well . That's ok I get it now and agree you got a fine system!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks