Westpoint WHV-0615 Gas water heater : no flame issue

Users who are viewing this thread

kurt0123

Reaction score
Hello,

Flame will sometimes light up when the whole unit is poked / shaked or when I play around with the spark switch. It will sometimes make that additional sound as if it is triggering something. Then I will open the water and it will work. It seems that only when the trigger sound can be heard then it will work. Check the video.

I have cleaned the 2 rods but can't figure out what is causing the issue. Any hints welcome !

Video

Westpoint WHV-0615 Gas water heater LPG

Fitter30

Reaction score
That sound sounds like the gas valve is opening. What is that switch in pic behind your finger? Have you pulled on all the wires see if there's a loose connection or a broken wire. Need to know the brand and model that Sylvan wanted. See your on the other side of the world just looked a map.

kurt0123

Reaction score
Hello and thanks,

am not sure brand and model will help a lot but find annexed.

Don't think it's a broken wire issue. The small switch is responsible for triggering the sparks. You can see in the 1st 3 seconds of the video that the screw (of the switch) will automatically move to the right when water is open. It will stay there and trigger the sparks. It will stop after sometimes (because the flames will not light up). What I'm doing is to play around with the switch (while water is closed by moving the screw on the right with my finger) to trigger the spark manually. It need to do that about 6-10 times. Then I might hear that special trigger sound (at 9s and 11s). I will then go to open the water, the switch will automatically trigger the sparks and the flame will light up.

Thanks for your help ! :)

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 204

Fitter30

Reaction score
I emailed the company for some info https://www.westpoint.net/contacts/ looks like they sell about everything for the home. Have you cleaned the pilot orifice and the burner. Checked gas pressure or sure your lp tank isn't close to empty. Sounds like it tries to fire doesn't then locks itself out turning water off then back on resets itself tries again.

kurt0123

Reaction score
Hi and thanks Fitter30,

"Have you cleaned the pilot orifice and the burner".
>>> Am not sure what are these... Do you mean the rod which makes the spark and the other one next to it (which becomes red by being heated by the flame) ? If yes, yeah I cleaned them.

"Checked gas pressure or sure your lp tank isn't close to empty."
>>> No it's full. Or might be there's an issue with gas bottle

kurt0123

Reaction score
Hello and many thanks,

Should I be looking at "No ignition after opening water" ? It seems confusing since "ignition" means the triggering of the spark ?

Or should I be looking at "bumping noise in ignition" ? Does this refers to the sound of (what you identified as) the gas valve ?

Thanks again for your help !

Fitter30

Reaction score
There is no wiring diagram in the install manual. There is a 20 minute timer that only lets heater run that long before shutting off. Did you get my conversation it has the company contact in that email i got from them. When water flow starts spark starts and gas valve should open way the book reads. Try contacting the guy that sent me the manual

kurt0123

Reaction score
Many thanks, sorry am reading your messages only now. For some reasons I'm not notified by email when you reply to this thread or I received PMs from the forum.

Will contact the guy and post here (in case it can help someone else).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks