wellmate problems?????

Users who are viewing this thread

tonytartufo

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new here and I really need help!

I recently purchased a home that uses well water. In my basement I have 2 big grey Wellmate expansion tanks??????? with a clear plastic tube running vertical between the two tanks that is usualy filled with water. Both the tank and the clear tube are connected through a series of pvc pipes.

To the right of these tanks I have a pump and to the right of that I have a Welltrol tank with a pressure gauge next to it. Pressure is usually at around 60.

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS....................

1st. Why do I have all of these tanks? Do they do the same thing? What does what? Do I need all of this?

2nd. Today I noticed the pump running more than usual and the water in the clear tube is just about gone. I had the hose running for about an hour outside because of my wet tile saw. Is this normal that the tube is almost empty and whenever the pump kicks on it's not filling? How does this system work?

If you guys need me to post pics let me know.

Thanks in advance.................

Tony

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks