Well well well... need advice asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn Parker

Reaction score
3/4 hp 2 line jet pump, well 56 ft..... foot valve set at 49 ft....water table approx. 19 ft. 1100g holding tank with booster pump and 2 bladder tanks. Full lengths 1" and 1.25" 160psi poly pipe
My booster pump manifold blew open and I lost 1100g and totally lost prime. The usual method of priming did not work, so I lifted the pump and filled the reservoir and both pipes, and watched... he water dropped in both slowly but gradually.. I figured my foot valve was failing, as this would also explain why pump would run with no water being used, I just replaced the foot valve , ejector, and pipe, filled the reservoir and pipes , no loss of water, set pump and topped off the prime @ pressure gauge. Turned on well circuit and jumped to 40# for a few seconds then dropped to 0. Re primed thru air vent hole til it spit, tightened it then turned on pump..... nothing. Removed pressure gauge, very small splash of water to top off, tightened gauge, turned on pump, sounds fine, but 0# pressure. Tried with gauge removed and I didn't get soaked.
Removed pump and impeller cover to inspect. Impeller seems fine and spins freely. Dressed up where impeller cover seats into pipe and made sure gasket was compressed. Power to motor and watched impeller spin, quietly. Reset pump, filled for prime and hit switch. Jumped to 40# for a few seconds then dropped to 10# and ran at holding 10#, but barely a trickle going into holding tank. Turned off then on....still running 10#. Turn off...Wait.... clik....0, clik clik, nothing nothing .check prime ...no water needed...turn on... nothing.
Here I am now. Every thing below pump is new and in same configuration. But......
THIS MIGHT BE MY PROBLEM.... the old ejector with foot valve was 49 ft down, water at 19-20 ft.
I put new ejector in same place and used the right nozzle and tube as per instructions... and you saw all the luck I had.
THE PROBLEM- the instructions for new ejector placement state this...depth to water 25-60 ft ejector placed in well...... Water at less than 25 ft. ejector mounted on pump.
My old set up is not that way, and is that the way it needs to be? My pump is vertical and sits atop casing. piping going thru cap. I don't see how that could work in a 2 pipe configuration.
Yet... here we are.... any logical ideas concerning any of this surely would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCF3668.JPG
    DSCF3668.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 114
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks