Well water pressure dropping

Users who are viewing this thread

PanteraMatt

Reaction score
So I have a shallow well. Recently my water pressure will drop after running for about 405 minutes. Expansion tank is new and pressure is fine. New flojet pump. No blockage I can see. I ran the water while watching the gauge and itll drop to to 30psi, pump will kick on, then itll slowly drop to 20psi then ot 0psi fast all while pump is running. Takes pump about 2 minutes to reach 50 psi. What am I missing?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The water level in the well may not be recovering quick enough to support a long run.

PanteraMatt

Reaction score
We were imn a drought but we have had a good amount of rain for the last 2 weeks. How long does it take for the water to reach the well?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is not an easy question. Too many variables. Leave the pump off for an hour or so. The well should recover enough to see if the pump will pressure up quickly when you turn it back on. If so the well is low on water. If it starts out not making pressure, you may have a suction leak or a jet nozzle clogged.

Travis Shavefr

Reaction score
That is not an easy question. Too many variables. Leave the pump off for an hour or so. The well should recover enough to see if the pump will pressure up quickly when you turn it back on. If so the well is low on water. If it starts out not making pressure, you may have a suction leak or a jet nozzle clogged.
I would agree with you on this, if you can eliminate it being a low recovery rate problem I would be looking at plugged injector nozzle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks