Well water issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Lukasny

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what is going on with my well water and softener. I keep getting those rust spots on my utensils and I cant figure out what is causing it. I have tried few water softener companies and they all have not answers.

Also last year I redid my water manifolds and year later and now brass valves (12 of them) and check valve are leaking. Is there something in my water that is eating thought them ?

Attachments

• 20211020_155118.jpg
    20211020_155118.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 20211020_155135.jpg
    20211020_155135.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20211113_084521.jpg
    20211113_084521.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 118

bingow

Reaction score
@lukasny , newbie here who has seen some of that problem. Start with a forum search for "dezincification" and you may find your answer. Good luck.

Reach4

Reaction score
What material are the utensils in the photos? They look like plastic, and clearly that cannot rust.

On the valve, that has been in service for just a year. Has the leaking stopped?
Also last year I redid my water manifolds and year later and now brass valves (12 of them) and check valve are leaking. Is there something in my water that is eating thought them ?
Those would be called shut-off valves. Check valves are one-way valves.

What is the pH of your water? I suspect they are not high quality valves, but I don't know which valves are high quality. The Dahl Miniball stop valves I put in a few years ago have rust on the handle retention screw heads.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
We need a water test to be able to answer your question or to guide you. The term "Well Water" means nothing more than ahole in the ground with water... the water quality could be better than bottled water to worse than raw sewage mixed with sea water... have you had a full lab test recently?
This is my preferred.
NTLWATERTEST
Once you have a test done we can guide you. i am going to guess high chloride levels... lets see what the test says.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks