Well Water Disinfection Options

Users who are viewing this thread

hypnosis4u2nv

Reaction score
Several years ago my well tested positive for bacteria and I ended up shocking the well and clearing that issue up. Afterwards I invested in a UV light disinfection system which worked pretty good, minus the cost of $100 each year for the bulb and the cost of the electricity to power the bulb.

Recently, my UV light system is acting up and looking around at some parts to replace, it'll run me about $700-800 to replace the ballast and UV sensor. That's incredibly expensive, and apparently they all fail sooner or later. If I factor my yearly costs to run, maintain and then replace the system when it finally goes, I'm looking at about ~$250 a year just to have it.

I'm looking for other options to treat my water that do not cost as much to run yearly. Another requirement is that space is an issue. I have a raised ranch style home and the water comes in underneath the crawl space of my foyer. Space is limited to about 3.5 feet height.

I found some information about Quantum Disinfection System, but it looks like its probably a snake oil type product. Cant find much information outside of what it is on a few sites.

https://www.uswatersystems.com/us-water-silecte-quantum-disinfection-system.html

If anyone can guide me on a solution that suits my needs, I really appreciate any help and advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks