Well water capacity

Users who are viewing this thread

Rman

Master mechanic
Reaction score
I’ve got a 350 ft 4 inch drilled water well. It’s producing about 4GPM. Static level 5 feet water started at 280 ft pump set at 300 ft
Question is if I use 4 Gpm continually at any time for inside or outside watering needs will I ever run out of water?
I do have a Cycle stop valve and a 10 gpm 3/4 hp pump
Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
As long as you are using less flow than the well will make, you should never run out of water. I have a well that makes 4 GPM and I have a it running at 3 GPM 24/7/365 and it hasn't shut off in over 18 years so far.

Rman

Master mechanic
Reaction score
As long as you are using less flow than the well will make, you should never run out of water. I have a well that makes 4 GPM and I have a it running at 3 GPM 24/7/365 and it hasn't shut off in over 18 years so far.
Thanks
If I need a higher gpm say 7 gpm does the well still produce 4GPM while I’m using 7 gpm?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Thanks
If I need a higher gpm say 7 gpm does the well still produce 4GPM while I’m using 7 gpm?

Yes. If you have 20' of water in the well that is about 30 gallons stored before you get down to the 4 GPM the well is making. So, you should be able to use 7 GPM for about 15 minutes at a time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks