Well to pressure tank to whole house filter to

Users who are viewing this thread

Tai

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need ur advices. I currently have a well and pressure tank located right at well head. Its about 15-20ft to house. I now want to get a whole house filter, extra tank, and softener inside the house. Will this over kill? How much pressure will be lost? Need your advices. Thank you. Plan is below.

Outdoor tank > filter(inside) > new pressure tank > softener

The reason why i want to have new tank bc when the house has no power, water push back in the well. Once i get the whole house filter in, it will keep water back flow.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You should not need another pressure tank. A check valve is all that is needed to keep water from pushing back to the well when the pump and/or power is off.

Tai

Reaction score
You should not need another pressure tank. A check valve is all that is needed to keep water from pushing back to the well when the pump and/or power is off.

Thx u. If i install check valve at well n additional tank inside for storage; Will i lose the pressure?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks