Well Tank Type / Size

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Are the Amtrols as good as they say they are or will the WaterWorker do just fine?
Water Worker is also made by Amtrol, but it is made to a lower standard than Well-X-Trol. There is discussion about how inferior it is. I don't know myself.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I'm replacing the pressure tank with this next installment of a pump. Are the Amtrols as good as they say they are or will the WaterWorker do just fine?

Flotec is a low grade pump built to be sold at the big box stores and replaced often. WaterWorker is Amtrols low grade tank for box stores. But any pump and any tank will last longer when you eliminate the cycling on and off. The kit in the following picture has a good tank and the CSV will make the tank and the pump last much longer.
004 (2).JPG

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Amtrol WX series are the best. Water worker is made by Amtrol but it's a POS lucky if it lasts to the end of the warranty..

Wondering

Reaction score
I have a 62 gal Water Worker tank installed 15 yrs ago. Not a problem yet. Have a Well X Trol one also 15 years old. No problems there either. And mine are used lots. I think part of it is keeping them out of the weather and the air pressure where it should be. (Just my thoughts)
In my area I really don't know a place that sells well X anymore without having to drive around 100 miles one way. The hardware stores in my town that carried those now have Pro Source or something like that. Looks like Sta Rite used to to me. OR they have Flo-Tec. Something cheap with a big price on it. I figure WWorker is better than that but maybe I am wrong and just been lucky!.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks