Well system

Users who are viewing this thread

tamarap

Reaction score
Hi i'm having issues with my well we took all the pipe Out Because the Foot Valve was broken and We had water for a few days and now we don't have water again As of Yesterday when the Foot valve was replaced with. We couldn't get our PSI to measure above 20 so we checked the bladder and when we went to check for air pressure water came out. So we went and got a new bladder. My husband just installed it and now the pipes. Where there screwed into the pump are all Leaking what are we doing wrong? We are currently without water and do not have seventeen hundred dollars to pay a company right now

Reach4

Reaction score
Post a photo of what you can see, including the area where the leak is.

The only tanks that I know of with a replacable bladder, don't involve undoing pipes. Maybe you meant you replaced the whole pressure tank.

Those tanks with a replacable bladder tend to not last as long as the tanks with a non-replacable diaphragm.

tamarap

Reaction score
Yes replaced the whole pressure bladder tank...just redid all the pipes and we have water in the house but the psi won't go above 15 and it's supposed to be 30/50 so it starts up at below 0 and it take a while to work nits way up to 15 and then shuts off....and my bathroom which is the farthest from the well I'm getting hardly no water out of the shower

Reach4

Reaction score
The jet may be clogged on your jet pump.
You may have a vacuum leak between the foot valve and the pump.

If you have water leaking out of threaded connections, you probably want to re-do those connections. Use both PTFE tape and pipe dope (pipe compound).

tamarap

Reaction score
How can I check my jet? The pipes between the Foot valve and the pump are new husband replaced then when he changed the Foot valve

Reach4

Reaction score
I suppose I should cut the power to run a wire through the jet correct?
To clear the jet, yes. But I would probably go after leaks first. If you cure the leaks, and still only climb to about 20 psi, then the jet would be the main suspicion.

tamarap

Reaction score
Yes leaks are clear
Screenshot_20230601_014901_Photos.jpg
that is the pump I have

Reach4

Reaction score
Clear as in gone (cleared out), or clear as in obvious?

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Hi i'm having issues with my well we took all the pipe Out Because the Foot Valve was broken and We had water for a few days and now we don't have water again As of Yesterday when the Foot valve was replaced with. We couldn't get our PSI to measure above 20 ..

Was the water pressure normal before the foot valve failed or has low pressure been an on-going issue?

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks