Well sealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles Pilon

Reaction score
Just had a water well done at home : 6 inch diameter and 170 feets deep.

Seem there is sealing problem as rock and/or sand falling from the side. What would be a solution for this ? Is inserting a 4 inch diameter ipex sewer pipe with hole in it would be a good solution for this ? Install the Ipex pipe from buttom up?

Thanks !

Charles

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you mean there is no casing in the well?

No, you don't use sewer pipe with holes to sleeve a well. The proper material would be slotted sch 40 PVC or slotted stainless steel pipe.

Charles Pilon

Reaction score
Do you mean there is no casing in the well?

No, you don't use sewer pipe with holes to sleeve a well. The proper material would be slotted sch 40 PVC or slotted stainless steel pipe.

I have 6 inch stell casing for about 38 feet to the rock then it's drill thru the rock with no casing. Then add the pvc 10 feet sheet, alternate one no hole the other with hole thru the bottom.

Charles Pilon

Reaction score
I have 6 inch stell casing for about 38 feet to the rock then it's drill thru the rock with no casing. Then add the pvc 10 feet sheet, alternate one no hole the other with hole thru the bottom.

New well, not in use now, and this had been done by the driller last week but the sewar inscription on the pipe make doubt as will checking to put the right pump in there I find out that there was specific pipe for well casting so I'm checking before installing the pump.

The steeel casing has a drive shoe, anchored in the rock formation at 38 feet, dont think I need to drill further as I got 640 gph at 170 feet.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sewer pipe is way too thin and likely to collapse trapping the pump in the process. Use only casing designed for wells.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks