Well Seal

Users who are viewing this thread

surfingbird

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a well seal that has broken at the power inlet. Since it is not a split well seal i was wondering how I go about changing out the cap?

Thanks!

P.S. let me know if any other information is needed!

xtaMDVb.jpg

ylDa8Ye

Reach4

Reaction score
perfect. thank you. But, for future reference?
It's not going to happen. You are not going to get your well seal changed unless you are pulling the pump anyway or unless you have some unusual compulsion. But if you did want to change your well seal, you would disconnect the longer above-ground piping, loosen the 4 bolts just enough, and you would lift by the tee. That lifting could be by something you screw into where the plug is now, or by a strong pipe in the side of the tee. It's that tee that is holding up the pump and all of the pipe above the pump.

You would support the pipe string, or you would lift the pipes and pump out. You would remove the tee. Then you would do the change.

If that well is for drinking water, it is best to switch the tee to brass, or stainless. The drop pipe would usually become PVC if it is not already.

I am not a pro.

surfingbird

Reaction score
Yes, its for drinking water. I was also thinking of changing out that tee. I have noticed we get brown water from time to time if i don't flush the hose outlets every month or so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks