Well runs out of water i think?

Users who are viewing this thread

MUDBUGGY

Reaction score
my orginal prob was well pump would cut off during a shower so I changed well pump today, switch and tank, and wire ,went from 3/4 hp to a 1hp still running out of water, its fine with a shower and a sink but if u add a sink it gets to 35 psi and drops to 5psi switch is a 40/60 tank is at 38psi.well is 165 ft it has 151' of pipe and 113' to the water so i think thats 14' off the bottom with 38'of reservoir i think :eek: the tag says 5 gpm.it looks like a 8" casing. I just THINK it should do better i know what thinking get you LOL

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
A 1 hp pump will only pump your well dry faster. You may need to install a two pump system with a Cycle Sensor and a Cycle Stop Valve or a Pside-kick. I'm forwarding an attachment that is a basic two pump system. Low Flow Well by Porky.JPG

fiberfling

Reaction score
You didn't say what kind of pump you had. Our well is shallow also and we use a jet pump not a submersible. That should be a given and might be your problem. We can only run the water constantly, (say watering a garden for about 45 minutes) before it stresses the well out and needs to recoup water level. We have never "run out" of water, just used more than we should at a given time. Most wells drilled today are sunk 400 feet and use submersible pumps, a shallow well does not need that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks