Well pump squealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
Have the old timey original well pump. In the basement on a stand. I noticed today it is squealing when it is pumping. I think a bearing is going out. Suggestions of going on city water are out at this time, no budget for that. New pump, maybe but most well places around here want to do work on the well (jet pump system...), no budget right now to do a jet pump and all that right now.

I usually fix most stuff myself. So replacing the bearings it may be. Does anyone have instructions or diagrams for replacing the bearings? In this thread from another site I read about replacing the bearings myself. https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/well-pump-squeal-106512-.htm

Know of any instructions?

Pitterpat

HandyWOMAN
Reaction score
Here is the plate from the pump.
IMG_2133.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks