Well Pump Sizing - Multiple Homes on Rural Property

Users who are viewing this thread

Thinly9172

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to size a well pump for my rural property and having trouble with the overwhelming number of options. The property will have 3 one bed/bath single level homes plus an RV hookup. All homes will be within ~150' of the pumphouse where our pressure tank and filtration system will be located, roughly at or below the pumphouse grade. I plan to purchase a CSV1a to use with a 20 gallon pressure tank.

Some stats:
Total depth: 140'
Diameter: 6"
Static Level: 20'
Production: 30GPM

From searching this forum I see that Grundfos pumps can be somewhat more reliable. The product selection tool on their Canadian website seems to suggest a S or SQ series pump. Which should I be going for, and what figures should I plug into their selection tool?

Thank you,
-Totally clueless

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Unless someone installs huge body spray shower heads you won't need much water. 15 GPM or so should me more than you could use. Something like the Grundfos 16S10-10 would work well with the CSV1A and 20 gallon tank. Probably overkill but I was figuring at 200' total head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks