Well pump recommendation with high static water

Users who are viewing this thread

Brody Reb

Reaction score
The CSV1A can be turned up as high as 150 PSI. You just have to turn up the pressure switch before you can turn up the CSV. The regular Square D switch can be turned up to about 55/75 max. This would allow you to turn up the CSV to 70 PSI without the pump turning off. With a heavy duty pressure switch you can go as high as you want. With a pump that builds 200 on the inlet side of the CSV, the higher you set the CSV and pressure switch, the less the second CSV is needed. With a CSV setting of 75 PSI using a 65/85 pressure switch, there is only 125 PSI differential across the CSV and only one is needed. It is setting at less than 75 PSI that causes the high differential that would make a second CSV1A advantageous.

When adjusting a pressure switch, never mess with the small adjustment screw.
I will revisit this and report back. I have the pressure switch set to 50/70 for sure. I must have adjusted the CSV incorrectly or did not have the right fixture gpm flowing for accurate adjustment. Love your CSV though! I look forward to long water uses like watering outside now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks