Well/Pump on new to me property

Users who are viewing this thread

930dreamer

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking at this property that has a well that hasn't been operated in over 30 years. I just cleaned up what's left of the well house to allow a well service to come on to the property. There's a well head and that's it- no power, tank or pressure switch.
What should I do, I can get a generator out there and wire up a plug or????? Not sure why the concrete slab looks like this but the building will come down. I'll need some advice on tank, valving, filters and pressure switch etc. Thank you!

20190216_135516.jpg

20190217_151330.jpg

20190217_151423.jpg

Last edited:

930dreamer

Reaction score
Cool video and CSV information, thank you. Should I wait for a well service call or pick up a PK1A setup, install and power up? Thank you.

Info from the last tenant;
As I recall , the well is over 350 feet. There is gyp water nearby, but that well always produced a 9 out of 10 on quality as it draws on a different aquifer. It is very good water, and very cold.
I was the last person to live on that property and I left it in the late 80's.
The well house was fairly new when I moved in, and the concrete was always formed up like that.

Last edited:

930dreamer

Reaction score
I was hoping to remove the top cover on the well head to see which wire is the ground but I can't get the tee out of the cover. Is the middle wire in 10/2 flat submersible pump wire the ground? Thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was hoping to remove the top cover on the well head to see which wire is the ground but I can't get the tee out of the cover.
If you get the tee off of the well seal, the pump and drop pipe can drop to the bottom of the well. That tee is holding up the pump and pipe.

Also, don't remove the bolts on the well seal. Otherwise the bottom plate of the well seal will fall down the well. Those bolts get loosened to lift the well seal and tee together.

If you isolate the wires at the breaker, the ground is the one that shows lower resistance to an earth ground. The other wires should show more than 100,000 Ohms to earth ground.

930dreamer

Reaction score
Well/pump was installed on 4/1984 not in use since 1990, I'm going to leave it alone until I can get a bid for a new pump and the well checked out. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks