Well pump help

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan Gourdeau

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these pumps ? I'm trying to find out the GPM, it's a 1HP, the ad says new never used but the date stamp on the sticker shows Sept 93

I'm looking to upgrade my 1/2HP 5PM

200 ft well depth Pump depth 180, 4gpm recovery, i think static is at 20 ft ( when i look down the casing I can see the water with a flashlight )

Attachments

• ad_0_1534681509791.jpg
    ad_0_1534681509791.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 128

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Probably a good pump. Even blown up I can't read the tag on the pump. 1HP at that length is probably a 15-20 GPM pump, just guessing. I would add some water to that motor before installing if it has been sitting that long.

Dan Gourdeau

Reaction score
Probably a good pump. Even blown up I can't read the tag on the pump. 1HP at that length is probably a 15-20 GPM pump, just guessing. I would add some water to that motor before installing if it has been sitting that long.

Thanks for reply. Here is a closer image of the tag. Hoping that can tell you a little more. At 4gpm recovery and 180 ft depth for the pump am I ok to go 15-20 gpm?

Attachments

• rsz_ad_1_1534681509806.jpg
    rsz_ad_1_1534681509806.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 141

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Still can't read the model number. But if it is a 25 GPM, 1HP like a suspect, the water can't be any deeper than 70' or the pump cannot reach 60 PSI to shut off.

Dan Gourdeau

Reaction score
Still can't read the model number. But if it is a 25 GPM, 1HP like a suspect, the water can't be any deeper than 70' or the pump cannot reach 60 PSI to shut off.

Ok i will measure the depth to water today. Let's assume the depth to water is 20 feet as I suspect is my 4gpm recovery rate sufficient to upgrade from my current pump to a 1hp 25gpm

Reach4

Reaction score
Ok i will measure the depth to water today. Let's assume the depth to water is 20 feet as I suspect is my 4gpm recovery rate sufficient to upgrade from my current pump to a 1hp 25gpm
For a fairly big house, a 10 gpm would usually be a better choice. The HP you want could be 1/2 HP. That would have more lift pressure than a 25 gpm 1 HP pump.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It depends on how deep the water level is when you start pumping. But if you have water at 20' and he pump cannot lift from deeper than 70', you have about 75 gallons stored in the well between 20' and 50'. So a 25 GPM pump would be out of water in 3 minutes. But if you have a CSV and you never use more than 4 GPM, the CSV will turn the 25 GPM pump into a 4 GPM pump, and the well would be able to keep up since it has a 4 GPM recovery rate. But that 4 GPM recovery amount would need to keep the water level higher than 70', or that pump will not be able to build 60 PSI and shut itself off after you stop using water.

If the water pulls down deeper than 70', a 10 GPM, 3/4HP would be better as it can still build 60 PSI with a water level of about 150'.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks