Well Pump Control Replacement Help Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

swiederin

Reaction score
I have a Red Jacket 100N1-16NMB control unit. Its an oldie. Could not get any water and I replaced the pressure switch in the house but the pump motor is not turning on.....I checked with am amp meter. Power is making it to the control unit.

The capacitor looks like it is leaking and since this is soooo old, thought it would be a smart idea to just go ahead and replace the entire pump control unit. Sound like a good idea?

Trying to cross this control unit to another is my challenge. Just match the spec on the control unit?

Any help is appreciated.

upload_2018-3-17_14-39-42.jpeg

upload_2018-3-17_14-40-1.jpeg

upload_2018-3-17_14-40-25.jpeg

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
That control box is more than 30 years old, probably closer to 50. Back then red jacket manufactured their own motors. The Red jacket brand is still alive, but is is owned by one of the big three brands and is just a rebadged Pump end. Don’t remember If they are a Pentair, Starite, or Xylem brand. I think Franklin bought their fuel Pump Division, somebody else ended up with their water pump division, and it has gone thru a couple of ownerships since.

Now for your problem, you definitely need a capacitor. For a new control box, you’ll have to get one for a different brand 1 hp pump. You need to check the condition of your pressure tank. A blown capacitor is usually just a symptom and there is an underlying problem that blew the capacitor. You probably need to start planning on replacing the pump .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks