Well Pump access

Users who are viewing this thread

weather777

Reaction score
The well head I have is located down a steep incline.Could someone please tell me how close the well rig needs to have its back tires to the well head in order to change out a pump that is 800 feet deep?

Thank you

weather777

Reaction score
This well head is about 12 ft from the flat area---what are the options for getting the pump pulled (640 ft deep) and a new one dropped? New construction and well casing will be cut and pressure tank removed.

Thank you

CIMG3715.jpg

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
What size pump?

Is the pump set at 640' or is that depth of the well?

What is the drop pipe made of? If it is PVC, or PE, you may not need a pump hoist truck. If it is galvanized you definitely will.

You also need to think seriously about the next time you need the pump pulled which will probably be when you have no water, so cutting off the casing and makin' things look pretty may not be a good idea if then you can't get to the casing to pull the pump... Or you may want to fix the slope so a truck can get to the casing off the driveway or whatever is in front of the retaining wall.

In many areas the distance for the casing above ground is 12".

weather777

Reaction score
They are planning to leave it about 18" high.The pump is at 640ft on 80 threaded PVC with #8 wire-Would an upsy Daisy work?

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
This well head is about 12 ft from the flat area---what are the options for getting the pump pulled (640 ft deep) and a new one dropped?

One option would be a boom truck with a long reach boom. Most crane services would have no problem with this.

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess you could do that but you would need to build quite a large platform to extend out so people could stand at the well to clamp and uncouple pipe.

Whenever a new well is installed it is always advised or should be advised not to build anything around the well or landscape the area that would prevent a drilling rig to gain access to it. It's not just for pump replacement but mainly in the event the well needs to be redeveloped,deepened,sleeved,or abandoned.

sammy

www.tylerwellanpump.com

Speedbump

Reaction score
My hoist will reach back 14 feet. I wouldn't enjoy working on hour well, but I would be able to do the job. It would take two people. One at the well with the wrenches and someone at the rig to operate it.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks