Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan Burch

Reaction score
I have a few problems but my current one is my pressure switch. My well is probably 50 years old. I'm certain the pump is not but a few weeks ago my pressure switch started acting up. I would lose pressure and have to go tap it with a wrench to get it started again. I replaced it last week. I am not a plumber but normally I can figure stuff out. My old switch didn't have the lever on it. My new one does. To get it started I had to hold it up to start until it kicked on then I let go. Everything was good for a few days. Now I seem to lose pressure again and have to go hold it on start again until it comes back on. It happens every few days. Not really sure what to do?? Thanks in advance

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Either you have too much air charge in the tank or you are using more water than the pump can supply. I would get rid of the low pressure cut off and get a regular switch without the lever on the side.

Jordan Burch

Reaction score
Either you have too much air charge in the tank or you are using more water than the pump can supply. I would get rid of the low pressure cut off and get a regular switch without the lever on the side.
The pressure tank is outside in one of those concrete tubes with a lid. It is pretty small.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks