Well pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Derek6225

Reaction score
Hello,

Couple years ago bought a house on well water. Last night my pressure box started to cycle every 30-40seconds. I checked filter and ran it and no sand in lines. All faucets are not leaking. What would be the cause for this? I will post pictures shortly of what I am working with. Thank you

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Pressure tank is your problem. Do you have a galvanized hydropnuematic tank or a precharge cod tank?

If it’s a hydropnuematic tank, you air charging system has quit working and your tank is waterlogged.

If it’s a prcharged tank either the bladder or diaphanous has slow,y lost it’s charge or has ruptured. It’s like an inner tube for a tire. The will be an air valve on the tank. Turn the pump off. Open a valve and release all the water pressure. Use an air pressure gauge to check the pressure. It should be 2-4 lbs less than the pressure your pump turn ON. If the pressure is low, try inflating the bladder. If it doesn’t hold pressure, the tank is bad and will need replaced.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh I read your post again. The pump is cycling every thirty second with no water being used. You have a leak. Could be in the well. Could be between the well and the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks