Well pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Christopher Sieber

Reaction score
I just replaced my well pressure switch and turned on the power , pump runs and cycles off at 60 psi and comes back on at 40 psi. It does this for 2-3 cycles (I have the hose on because I am trying to fill my hot tub outside). For some reason, after the system cycles for 2-3 times , my pressure drops on my gauge , the water pressure gets real low and it does not come back on. It only seems to kick back on jf I turn to power off to the switch for roughly 5-10 minutes than will come back on and the same problem re occurs

Reach4

Reaction score
I just replaced my well pressure switch and turned on the power , pump runs and cycles off at 60 psi and comes back on at 40 psi.
How long is the long part of the cycle? Maybe 56 seconds or what?

Chances are your pressure tank needs to be replaced.

If you want more detail, where is your pump? What is your pump?

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
It’s not the pressure switch. Probably 90%+ it’s the overloads in the Pump. Doesn’t have anything to do with you turning the breaker of and back on either.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks