Well Maintenace

Users who are viewing this thread

TMountainHigh

Reaction score
I recently had some repairs done due to a broken pvc pipe coming off my jet pump . I noticed that the inside of the discarded piece of pvc was stained an orange ish or rust color. Is this normal? Or should I be concerned? I also noticed a there was a film on top of the water inside my above ground reserve tank, that hasn't been present before. But, I haven't noticed any change in clarity or odor to the water coming into the house. I have been renting at my current residence for 12+ years now. And to say my landlord is "absentee" is putting it mildly. The only maintenance that has been done is when something breaks. There hasn't been any testing for water quality or safety the entire time I've been here. My concern is also heightened because there are no filters of any kind on the entire system.

Please keep in mind any knowledge I've gained on wells has been due to the school of hard knocks... & limited. lol o_O I would like to test my water to ensure its safe for household use and drinking. But I have no idea what I need to best accomplish this? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Thank you

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The film is probably from iron reducing bacteria. If you didn't have it before, the IRB may have been introduced to the well by improper sanitation during maintenance so the well should be shocked.

Reach4

Reaction score
Maintenance of pump is very important for every home who are having well in their home. There are some social plans which clean the well monthly by giving complains or by informing them to clean the well.
What are you up to? Your posts are weird.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What are you up to? Your posts are weird.

May be them Exhaust fumes in the windy city.

It takes awhile to learn good English, I have been working on it for years.

Ants Hosed my pump pressure switch last night, because of all of the rain.

I was forced to do maintenance while Mosquitoes were feeding, And the Ants were looking for higher ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks