Well Issues with VFD system

Users who are viewing this thread

KevinS

Reaction score
We currently have a VFD system with a Pentek Intellidrive. Our water pressure has gone way down due to running out of water in the well, which happens this time of year. Looking into putting in a storage tank in the basement to get us through

Is it possible to add a storage tank to my system without changing the well pump? Looking to cut down on cost. Currently its a Centripro 3-phase 2 HP pump at 500'. Most storage systems I've read about use the Pumptek with only supports single phase pumps.

Thanks!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The Intellidrive thing should have a dry well shut down feature. Shouldn't need a pumptec or anything else. Just use a ball valve to throttle the output of the well pump to less than the well will actually make. That way the dry well protection shouldn't be needed to work anyway. Using a solenoid or electric sprinkler valve working with the float switch in the storage tank, the VFD should turn the pump on and off according to the level of the float switch. Boosting from the storage tank you can use a submersible or a jet pump with a Cycle Stop Valve. The CSV is much simpler and makes the pump last longer, but will do the same job as those expensive variable speed pumps.

LOW YIELD WELL_and storage with two PK1A one pipe.jpg

LOW YIELD WELL_SUB_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks