Well intake problems... Air

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff Young

Reaction score
We have connected a deeper well to our existing jet pump.
We put the 1 inch poly line in the ground and after entering the basement I put it up on the joists above, then down to the pump at the far side of the house.

After filling the pipe with a hose, it seemed to be working, but on the second time pumping, it wouldn't build pressure.

When I open the pump top valve is full of water, unlike when the pipe came up from below.

I'm guessing there is air trapped in the high section. Any ideas?

Details:
The deep well is artesian, at times, overflowing

When we first tried it, the pipe was on the ground, and my neighbor helping helped lift the ends, getting the air out ..
We used it like that a few weeks until it got below freezing.

Thanks
Jeff in PA
Big family needs water. :/

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There cannot be any high spots in a suction line. The line needs to have a gradual increase in height so the pump is at the highest point. Air will get trapped in any high spot and cause the pump to lose prime.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks