Well Drain Back System Concern

Users who are viewing this thread

Denton Fender

Reaction score
I have a concern regarding my about to be installed well pump and drain back system. The well head and cabin are on the same elevation plane about 65 ft. apart. I will be using a standard galvanized tank and gravity drain back (snifter and drain back valve). With the depth of the trench (18 in.), 6 in. concrete pad and 12 inch height of well casing, the drain back will have to overcome about a 3 ft. rise in elevation. I elected not to use a pitless adapter. The cabin will be winterized so the 18 in. burial is for summer use only. Is a 3 ft. rise too much for the drain back to overcome? I appreciate any assistance, thoughts or comments.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you're not using a pitless than you must be using a well seal and bringing the drop pipe up through it and then down into the trench? That will not drain properly. Use a pitless, have a little slope in your trench out to the well and put your bleeder a few feet below the pitless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks